"All the “not readies,” all the “I need time,” are understandable, but only for a short while. The truth is that there is never a “completely ready,” there never really is a “right time.”
As with any descent to the unconscious, there comes a time when one simply hopes for the best, pinches one’s nose, and jumps into the abyss. If this were not so, we would not have needed to create the words heroine, hero, or courage."
Clarissa Pinkola Estés (via the-healing-nest)
i call this the try hard intern look
This is a great comeback for all of that “I don’t see race.” BS
AND YOU BENEFIT FROM IT EVERY DAY
(yelling) gay (normal voice) lesbian (muttering) bi….. sexual……. (confused whispering) tr…………… tran…….. trans…………..ss…………………………… (booming voice in the background) ＳＴＲＡＩＧＨＴ ＡＬＬＩＥＳ
This sums up representation of LGBT pretty damn well
(sign language) pansexual (morse code beeps) asexual
(Ancient language of the elder gods) Nonbinary
(smoke signals) aromantic
Nothing more hilarious than seeing a guy’s behavior towards you completely change as soon as he realizes he’ll never get anything out of his interaction.
Savannah residents seeking answers in the death of #CharlesSmith. Autopsy scheduled for today. This is one version of the event circulating on Twitter.
The first thing they put out about him after he was killed was he was a rapper who “glamorized violence” and all they could emphasize was his “troubled past.” They put up a picture of him that made him seem hard, but never bothered to put up a sweet one up like this. Meanwhile, some white guy down the street from me in the same city beats his wife to death and he was just “mentally unstable.” He is still alive.
The night Charles was killed, I had to call pop a lock and a drunk man came out of nowhere and made the pop a lock guy freak out, so he called the cops. About 2 cop cars came just to subdue the man (who was Mexican and wasn’t really causing any trouble. I tried to speak to him in Spanish so he could understand better and I kept calmly telling him to please go home. I felt so bad when they put him in the car. The cops just laughed it off.) The cops questioned me about what happened and were talking about how dangerous Savannah was that night and that they had to kill someone. All they did was laugh.
Savannah is known for this. Police brutality is rampant here. Troy Davis walked these same streets that led him to his fate. All they do is laugh.
White girls trying hard.
White woman perpetuating racist and sexist stereotypes of East Asian women. People need to stop claiming white women are innocent, they’re just as dangerous and violent as white men.
How is this in anyway violent or dangerous?
Ok yes, her comment was not in good taste. THAT I agree with, but her cosplaying is racist AND sexist? How?
If this was a black women cosplaying AND said what she said, you fuckers wouldn’t bat a god damn eyelash, in fact you’d be praising her!
euhanizeallwhitepeople…That’s so not racist at all.
First of all, if this was a black women cosplaying and she said what she said, we would have reacted the same way and we wouldn’t be praising her (nice try, I know what you’re trying to do).
Second, not only is she perpetuating racist and sexist stereotypes of Asian women, she’s also donning a Yellow face. It’s clear that she’s attempting to be a Japanese woman in this cosplay.
Third, it’s violent and dangerous because “creamy, delicate Asian” are racist stereotypes often found in pornography. Many Asian feminists have dissertated the correlation between racist stereotypes of Asian women in pornography, and sexual violence against Asian women:
- The Okinawa rape, where a group men decided to gang rape a Japanese girl and thought that she “enjoyed” it because of the racist stereotype in Porn that Asian women are “submissive”.
- Michael Lohman, a third-year doctoral student at Princeton University, cut locks of hair from at least nine Asian women and poured his urine and semen into the drinks of Asian women more than 50 times in Princeton’s graduate student dining hall. When investigators searched Lohman’s apartment, which he shared with his Asian wife, they found stolen women’s underwear and mittens containing the hairs of Asian women, which they believe Lohman used to masturbate. The university failed to acknowledge that Lohman’s victims were Asian women. Yin Ling Leung, organizational director of the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum (NAPAWF), agreed that the University misidentified the problem. Leung argued that the Asian fetish syndrome triggered Lohman’s behavior. “Sexual assault of Asian women on college campuses is a major issue. You get a room of five Asian American women together, and they all have stories about sexual harassment. Mainstream America shrugs off the notion of Asian fetishes, believing men who have such fetishes “are harmless.”
- David Dailey and Edmund “Eddie” Ball abducted, handcuffed, and blindfolded two Japanese schoolgirls, ages 18 and 19, in Spokane, Washington. The two girls were taken to a house and raped repeatedly over a span of 7 hours. Eddie Ball, the mastermind behind the crime, professed an avid fascination in bondage, sadomasochism and Japanese culture. He collected Japanese bondage videos and was an expert in Japanese rope-tying techniques. At his home, police found numerous Japanese-language books. Ball specifically targeted Japanese students because he believed them to be submissive and thus less likely to report the rapes. However, he believed wrongly. The students reported the crime and aided police in catching the perpetrators. Dailey and Ball faced sentences of 21 to 28 years in prison.
- Lili Wang, a North Carolina State University (NCSU) graduate student, who became the victim of what may have been a racially-motivated crime. Richard Borelli Anderson had a strong sexual preference for Asian women because “they study hard, and they’re very nice, soft speaking.” In October of 2002, Anderson fired four gun shots into Wang, killing her before turning the gun on himself. Police found his body five feet away from Wang. Professor Andrew Chin maintained that this was a hate crime, but the NCSU police disagreed. “There is no evidence to suggest that the offender, Richard Anderson, acted on any bias against Lili Wang because of her race,” said John Daily, deputy director of the NCSU Police Department. Professor Chin contended that “if you view the chain of events and link the events together, including what may appeared to have been unwanted advances on a married woman [Wang], which lead to the murder, this may be a form of racial discrimination against an [Asian] woman. Chin believed the victim did nothing to bring about the senseless act, other than being an Asian woman.
- Sunny Woan, the author of White Sexual Imperialism, described a moment one weekend when her friend, a Korean American college female, went clubbing downtown. She met a White male. He offered her a ride home, she accepted, and then he forced himself into her room and raped her in her own bed. All the while, he grunted the words “China doll,” “Asian whore,” and referred to her genitals as “sushi.’
And finally, you also reblogged this from fucknofetishization, a blog that discusses the deleterious effects of fetishistizing and hyper-sexualizing women of color. I’m a moderator at that blog, if you’re going to reblog our posts and add nonsensical commentary then I suggest that you unfollow our blog.
When Miranda was teaching a classmate to say “posoh” and “ketapanen” on January 19, her teacher scolded her. Native News Network reported her saying “You are not to speak like that! How do I know you’re not saying something bad? How would you like it if I spoke in Polish and you didn’t understand?”
The words Miranda was chastised for translate to “hello” and “I love you” in Menominee.
old news, but still gross
And THIS shows you why most Native American languages are either extinct or endangered.
- conservative men: misogynist poo with bible.
- liberal men: misogynist poo with bong and porn.